libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Release 0.15 and the ft2232 data loss.

From: Matthias Janke <janke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:38:50 +0100
Hi,

>  It looks like a data overrun
> or dropped data.

I had a similar Problem with a FT232 in serial mode with RTS/CTS
(further details see
http://developer.intra2net.com/mailarchive/html/libftdi/2009/msg00002.html)
To me it seems that libftdi somehow filters CR on inbound. Due to time
restrictions we switched to D2XX driver, which does not have this
problem, so i didn't investigate any further. It also seems that
running the same program(open/write/close) more than once seems to
eat the first char (in our case a #) resetting the bus (replug device)
does fix this.

>  Any ideas on where to look
> next?
I'd sugest somwhere in the reciving part. It might be in device
initalisation part, since CR is the default XON/XOFF char.

>Could this be an issue with libusb?
I don't think so since D2XX and libftdi use the same libusb and the
problem occures only with libftdi.

Cheers,
Matthias