libftdi Archives

Subject: build libftdi with msvc

From: Philipp von-den-Hoff <Philipp.von-den-Hoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 13:04:05 +0000

Hello,

we are going to use the libftdi in our company. But we are faced with the problem, that a Visual Studio build is not supported. In previous posts I found a patch which solves this problems in a few lines (mail from Xiaofan Chen; topic updating cmake and msvc compat  https://github.com/svitalij/libftdi/blob/MSVC/src/ftdi_stream.c ). This patch and I would like to ask to add this patch. Or are there any reasons to reject this patch?

Best regards

Philipp

Dr. Philipp von den Hoff

1GS1

Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG

Muehldorfstrasse 15 | 81671 Munich | Germany

Phone: +49 89 4129 15680

Internet: www.rohde-schwarz.com

Executive Board: Christian Leicher (President & CEO), Peter Riedel (President & COO)

Company‘s Place of Business: Munich | Commercial Register No.: HRA 16 270

Personally Liable Partner: RUSEG Verwaltungs-GmbH | Company’s Place of Business: Munich

Commercial Register No.: HRB 7 534 | VAT Identification No.: DE 130 256 683

WEEE Register No.: DE 240 437 86