libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Minor patches to push upstream

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Tomasz Wasilczyk <twasilczyk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 09:39:58 +0200
Hi Tomasz,

You wrote on Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 12:58:56PM -0700:
> I have some more patches to push upstream, this time they might be more
> worthy merging.
>
> 0001 & 0002 are the same patches as sent previously, just slightly
> reformatted.
>
> 0003 fixes a bug when reading USB devices with unset serial number.
>
> 0004 & 0005 fix inconsistency against what official FT_Prog tool writes to
> EEPROM.
>
> Please take a look and hopefully get them included in the next release.

sorry for taking so long, we had a demanding crunch period at work
that lasted a lot longer than usual.

All five patches look good and were applied, thanks!
I've also added you to AUTHORS :)

It took me a bit to verify the change like "if (desc.iManufacturer == 0)",
but I found the explanation in the "USB complete" book: A string index is
zero if the particular field is missing. It was kind of obvious from the
change itself, but I wanted to verify we do the correct thing here.