libftdi Archives

Subject: Python bindings - final solution

From: "Mgr. Martin Pecka" <peckama2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 15:50:56 +0100

There is a problem with the python bindings for libftdi.

Several sources [1, 2] say that to use python bindings with Python 2, libftdi has to be in version 1.0 <= libftdi <= 1.2, whereas to work with Python 3, it has to be >= 1.3.

That's quite unfortunate. Is there a possibility to resolve this issue so that a single version of libftdi would be usable in both Python 2 and Python 3?

People were reporting [3, 4, 5] even your own examples in repo fail to run in version 1.3+.

So far, I filed an Ubuntu packaging issue [6] to provide both version 1.2 and 1.4, but I think it has a pretty low probability to get resolved...

Thanks you for helping resolve this unfortunate issue.

--
Martin Pecka