libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT232H won't connect after first attempt

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 11:36:09 +0800
On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:34 AM, creeksidedas <creeksidedas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am using Python to configure and drive the FT232H from Adafruit. I am using
> the Adafruit library as well. After realizing libusbk would not work, I
> installed WinUSB from Zadig. However, I found that the connection only
> worked once; subsequent attempts to connect to the chip threw errors.
> Deleting all the drivers and reinstalling WinUSB would 'reset' it, and the
> chip would connect for one attempt again. What is the source of this issue?
> I'm on Windows 10 64 bit and running Python 2.7 on 32 bit.

Then this has nothing to do with libftdi, rather maybe your driver
installation is a problem.

Why do you say libusbk would not work? It should work fine, similar
to WinUSB. Does the error happen with libusbK driver?

What kind of error you encounter? Does Windows still recognize your
device under Device Manager? If not, you may have a HW stability
issue -- try change the USB cable, for example.

--
Xiaofan