libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Debian Trusty and libftdi

From: Matthias Janke <matthias.janke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 19:01:22 +0200
Hi Uwe,

it seems that newer ubuntu versions include it under quite an odd name:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/libftdi1-2
so I'd suggest to download the corresponding ubuntu src package and
backporting it
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/130894/how-to-build-a-debian-ubuntu-package-from-source

not sure about libusb tho, you might do the same for libusb 1.0.

@Pawel: api might for some simple uses be compatible, functionality
definitely isn't. serial mode is very unreliable in 0.x releases.
(usually eats the first char after opening) 1.x does not suffer from
these problems.

HTH
Matthias