libftdi Archives

Subject: FT232R, async bit-bang, ftdi_write() -- how to know when it's done?

From: Gof <ftdi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 13:08:14 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

I'm trying to use FT232R chip in asynchronous bit-bang mode with libftdi
and I'm confused. I've read the examples, but they all only write data.

>From what I understand, if I send data with ftdi_write(), it will be sent
to the chip in one burst and the chip will proceed to output it to its
GPIO pins at the previously set baudrate (actually, I'm sending one byte
at a time, but I know the general idea).

How do I know when all data has been sent? I'd like to read another pin
(set as an input pin) using ftdi_read_pins(), but first I have to be sure
that all data that should be sent has been sent.

D2XX drivers have FT_GetStatus() function for that. I can't find anything
similar in libftdi.

Bonus question: what values should I write to bits that were configured as
inputs? Does it matter?

Thanks.