libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT232RL help

From: Nickolai Dobrynin <freelance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 06:53:54 +0200
Eric, thanks much for your replies -

The device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0 and
occasionally as /dev/ttyUSB1, so there
doesn't seem to be a problem on that end.

What I *am* struggling with is how to
imitate the flow control the Windows
terminal emulator uses, and that's the
only type of flow control this device
understands.

In this so called manual flow control,
"RTS/DTR can be set or reset manually.
CTS/DSR lines are displayed but not used in
synchronization".  All of the four flags
must be off, which to me looks just like
using a "No flow control" option.  The
problem is that the device does NOT work
when flow control is off.  So, I was wondering
which option(s) should be passed to the driver,
so it would behave as I just described?

Again, pls pardon the silly questions.

Cheers.