libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT232RL help

From: Eric Schott <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 20:26:49 -0400
On 09/20/2017 10:05 AM, Nickolai Dobrynin wrote:
Matwey,

lsusb -v shows

idVendor 0x0403 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd

whereas idProduct is
0x6001 FT232 Serial (UART) IC

Is this the information you were asking for?

Yes, this is the correct information. This device is supported by the
Linux ftdi_sio driver.  Specifically, ftdi_sio.c contains

    { USB_DEVICE(FTDI_VID, FTDI_8U232AM_PID) },

Which are defined in ftdi_sio_ids.h as

    #define FTDI_VID    0x0403  /* Vendor Id */
    #define FTDI_8U232AM_PID 0x6001 /* Similar device to SIO above */

Try the following to debug:
  * What are the system logs when plugging in the device?
  * Also do a "ls -lt /dev | head" after plugging in the device
  * Build a loop back cable and run a program like minicom