libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ftdi_usb_get_strings failed

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 18:25:53 +0800
On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 2:10 PM, rix.li <i@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I was running the "find_all" example program on MSYS2 MinGW32 with FT232H
> board from  Adafruit [1]. I've replaced the OEM FTDI driver with
> libusb-win32, but the program ran into error:

Do not use libusb-win32 driver with libusb Windows (1.0 API) since
there are multiple problems with it. Use WinUSB or libusbK driver
instead. In general, it is better just using WinUSB.

Or you can try the latest usbdk backend, which will keep the
vendor driver (FTDI driver in this case).

> I also compiled and ran the same program on MacOS and the same thing
> happened.

In that case, this looks like a device problem.

> I would also assume that, at least for my device, it doesn't support
> returning string descriptors to libusb (neither WinUSB).
>
> [1] https://www.adafruit.com/products/2264

Have you talked to the vendor? This seems to be strange. I've
never seen such a problem with the FTDI device I have
(quite a few, but no FT232H).

--
Xiaofan