libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Can not compile program on ARMv7 native platform

From: Jim Paris <jim@xxxxxxxx>
To: mackowiakp <mackowiakp@xxxxx>
Cc: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 14:58:23 -0400
mackowiakp wrote:
> I use Asus router (based on ARMv7 proc) with Advanced Tomato installed
> on it as my ARMv7 developer platform. I install compiler (gcc - 5.4.0-1)
> plus dependencies and libFTDI (libftdi1 - 1.3-1) from OpenWRT Linux
> repo. I try to compile program taken directly from libFTDI samples. The
> compiler command is:
>
> gcc -v -Wl,-rpath=/opt/usr/local/lib
> -Wl,--dynamic-linker=/opt/lib/ld-linux.so.3 -L/opt/lib -O2 -pipe
> -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -fno-caller-saves -mfloat-abi=soft -l
> ftdi1 d.c -o d
>
> Below program source and output from compilation process. As You can
> see, ftdi.h file absence is rapport.
> I try to find ftdi.h file in whole system, but there is no such file at
> all. How can I obtain this file for ARMv7 architecture?

You got the package from OpenWRT, but they didn't give you ftdi.h.
So you should ask OpenWRT about that.

On a Linux system like Debian, "libftdi1" just contains the library
itself, and "libftdi1-dev" is needed to get the header files that you
can build against.  I don't know if OpenWRT provides a libftdi1-dev
package.  If not, talk to them, or download and install libftdi from
source: http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/libftdi/download.php

Jim