libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT232H as SPI Slave

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 23:17:14 +0200
Am 12.04.2016 um 21:48 schrieb Chad Kennedy:
> Can I, in any way, achieve SPI slave operation with the FT232H? If so,
> any pointers in that direction would be much appreciated. If not, are
> there any ICs supported by libftdi that DO support SPI slave?

I've found two application notes from FTDI,
one is about "libmpsse" and it only notes
that the MPSSE mode can be configured as SPI master.

Looks like the same thing here:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/libmpsse/

You could ask the FTDI support for clarification,
they are normally very helpful. Though it already
looks like SPI master mode is available only.