libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ftdi_read loses bytes (when latency is low)

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 19:54:08 +0100

    Hendrik> Hi, I am currently porting our software from Windows (using
    Hendrik> FTDI's own driver) to Linux (using libftdi). Thus far it works
    Hendrik> great but I am now on a specific case in the program that needs
    Hendrik> to read chunks of data from our device.

    Hendrik> The commands between the host (now a PC, later an embedded

No answer to your questions but another questions from my side:

- Why are you useing libftdi and not the kernel driver ftdi_sio?

- Do you have some usbdump snipplet where the problem happens?

- Can the USB chipset be involved here?

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx