libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Re: Outstanding patches for 1.2?

From: Clive Stubbings <clive.stubbings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 11:41:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Thomas Jarosch wrote:

I'd prefer to skip the patch for this release since I'm not 100% sure
about the implications it will have. So let's have a "safe" release
first and then we'll look for a solution to your problem in the next release.

IMHO that's what you also suggested.

Lets say I'm sympathetic to that view :-)

More generally, it seems the size should be setable, but I can see how doing it this way could risk breaking code if someone has tried to do a partial write (though I'm not sure why you would).

If that bothers you, it might be better to leave the current behavior how it is and enable the API to explicitly set the size.

That assumes Uwe doesn;t come up with a way to do it without needing size explicitly.

Its likely a month or so before I will find out if I still have the problem. I'll post an update when I have more info.

Cheers
Clive