libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: cross-compiling libftdi-1.1 with MinGW under Linux (MXE)

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 13:04:33 +0800
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:28 PM, Samuel Bryner <s.bryner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to cross-compile libftdi-1.1 with the MXE toolchain
> (http://mxe.cc/, uses mingw32) and ran across two issues:

> The other thing is that I didn't manage to compile the tests due to some
> weird undefined references to boost_test:
>
> I tried tracking this down but got nowhere. The only way I got libftdi
> to compile was to disable the tests completely by removing
> test/CMakeLists.txt.

I do not use MXE and I do not use cross-compile either. I build
libftdi natively under Windows. But I agree it is not that easy to build the
unit test program (using Boost Unit Test Framework).

Did you build boost by yourself or using MXE or did you the the
Boost binary from somewhere from the Internet?

The only way I can build the test program is to build
Boost by myself (under Windows using MinGW/MSys).
When I use some ready-made toolchain like the one
from http://nuwen.net/mingw.html
I have similar problem like you when building the test program.

You can try my build here. But take note I was using
Boost 1.49 for this MinGW 32bit build. I have not
tried Boost 1.53.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/picusb/files/libftdi1-1.1_devkit_mingw32_12Feb2014.zip/download

I have another build using MinGW-w64 32/64bit toolchain
where I use the source of Boost 1.55 (but I did not have
the time to build the binary). In that case, I can build
the boost binding, but not the test program.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/picusb/files/libftdi1-1.1_devkit_x86_x64_21Feb2014.zip/download

--
Xiaofan