libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Multiple interface issues

From: Steve Soloski <ssoloski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 10:17:29 -0400
On 05/30/2014 10:02 AM, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Anders Larsen <al@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 2014-05-30 07:03, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Steve Soloski <ssoloski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
         ftdi_set_interface(dev, INTERFACE_B);
         ftdi_usb_open(dev, PICAM_USB_VID, PICAM_USB_PID);
I believe you need to reverse the order of the previous two
calls. You need to open the device and then set_interface.

no, the order is correct.

With the order reversed ftdi_set_interface() errors out with:
"Interface can not be changed on an already open device"

I see. I mixed it up with libusb where you need to open
the device first.

Well, after banging my head against the wall all day yesterday, I've figured out what's happening...

In all of my installing/uninstalling of the USB driver - trying both libusbK-inf-wizard and zadig - I eneded up with both libusb0.dll and libusbK.dll on my system, in addition to the WinUSB that I wanted. Not quite sure how they all got installed, but when I deleted both of them (and only used the WinUSB driver) then this issue went away. Not sure what was causing the issue, but at least it's resolved!

Thanks for looking at this!

Steve