libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: serial port does not close completely

To: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 08:36:59 +0200
Yes, this is the reason. Thank you.
I found the detach function, is a retach function planned?

Best regards,
Chris

Am 16.05.2014 17:44, schrieb Thomas Jarosch:
Hi Chris,

On Wednesday, 30. April 2014 15:25:58 Chris wrote:
if I use ftdi_deinit instead of ftdi_free the program runs fine, but the
ftdi is not longer available trough /dev/ttyUSB0 for other applications.
also the combination of ftdi_disable_bitbang, ftdi_usb_close and
ftdi_deinit will not work for me.
I'm not sure I can follow your here, but the ftdi_sio kernel
driver is currently not re-attached after use by libftdi.

So /dev/ttyUSB0 is not available after using libftdi on the device,
at least for now.