libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] libftdi 1.1 final

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:30:35 +0800
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Thomas Jarosch
<thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the final version of libftdi 1.1.
>

> Main highlights
> ------------------
> * Fix FT232H eeprom suspend pulldown setting (Davide Michelizza)
> * Fix FT232H eeprom user area size (Davide Michelizza)
> * Improved mingw build (Paul Fertser and Michel Zou)
> * C++ wrapper: Get/set functions for USB timeouts (Jochen Sprickerhof)
> * Partial support for FT230X (Nathael Pajani)
> * New API function: ftdi_eeprom_set_strings() (Nathael Pajani)
> * Prevent possible segfault in ftdi_eeprom_decode() (Nathael Pajani)
> * Save device release number in eeprom (Jarkko Sonninen)
> * Fix "self powered" eeprom flag (Jarkko Sonninen)
> * Improved python wrapper (Michel Zou)
> * Many buildsystem improvements (Michel Zou and Mike Frysinger)
> * See the git history for more changes and fixes
>

> Download:
> http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/libftdi/download/libftdi1-1.1.tar.bz2
>
> GPG signature:
> http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/libftdi/download/libftdi1-1.1.tar.bz2.sig
>
> Full changelog:
> http://developer.intra2net.com/git/?p=libftdi;a=blob;f=ChangeLog;hb=HEAD
>

> A big "Thank you" to all the developers and contributors involved!

Here is the Win32 binary built using MinGW.org toolchain.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx8UQeOUe6uVUi1ZU3ZvRXlNUkU/edit?pli=1
(Choose Menu "File --> Download" to download the file).

Last time I put the binary downloads inside my Google Code page
but now Google deprecated the Download function in Google Code.
Therefore I have to put the file in my Google Driver site. Please
report if the download does not work. Supposedly you do not need
to sign-in Google to download this file.

I have tested the binaries under Windows 7 x86 and they
seem to work fine using WinUSB driver.

Download Readme:
reply to technical questions through private email.

To use libftdi1-1.1 under Windows, you need to use libusbx
and supported drivers.

The copyright information about libftdi1 and libusb are
inside the copyright directory.

The html_doc directory is the doxygen generated HTML document
for libftdi1-1.1. libusb is at the following URL.
  http://libusb.info/

The bin directory contains the dlls and example programs for
libftdi1-1.1 and libusb 1.0.18 Windows.

The source code libftdi1-1.1 and libusb-1.0.18 release
for the build are also included in the src directory
for convenience.

Tools used to build this package:
  CMake 2.8.10.2: http://www.cmake.org/
  MinGW GCC 4.7.2 : http://www.mingw.org