libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Help reviewing MPSSE layer + libfti class

From: "Chaves, Kevin" <kevin.chaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:11:04 -0400

> Yes, it looks like you already found and are setting the latency timer to 2ms. With your USB monitoring can you tell if you're getting full or partial packets with this > latency setting? I don't know how long the packet should be off the top of my head. I think the max per spec for high-speed USB2 is 512 bytes.

Well I verified something isn’t being set up in my mpsse layer properly. I can run the old code and before unplugging or resetting our device run the new code and it becomes comparable. I’m just going through line after line of code to see where the difference is.  It looks as if something isn’t being set but I’ve copied everything out of the old code and into the new code. So this discrepancy is an annoying issue.

It’s almost as if calling ftdi calls from c++ is causing some values to shift ….