libftdi Archives

Subject: Libftdi + Raspberry Pi

From: Yoann Varquet <yoann.varquet@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:04:39 +0200
Hi,

I am currently working on a RASPBERRY PI, with the debian Wheezy soft float distro.
I am trying to install the libftdi1-1.0.
However I encounter some difficulties:
First of all, I follow the tutorial in the readMe.Build,  everything is fine until I do the:
cmake - DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/usr" ../

Here I get some error :
math cannot parse the _expression_: " + 1": syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting exp_OPENPARENT or exp_NUMBER (2)
I traced the error, it appears that MAJOR_VERSION is not declared from the file /CmakeLists.txt, l.26
MAJOR_VERSION is set to 1 in /libftdi/CmakeLists.txt but this one is not called during the Cmake
I changed MAJOR_VERSION Line 26 by 1, and it seemed to work.  (no error messages)
Then I did the make and it failed (missing files), surely due to the ugly fix I tried. I imagine other things were not installed if /libftdi/CmakeLists.txt did not load.
I tried the cmake & make on a Ubuntu system, it worked just fine.
I observed that the version of me cmake on Raspberry pi is 2.8.9-1 (cmake_2.8.9-1_armel.deb) whereas the version on Ubuntu is 2.8.7. Perhaps the cmake doesn't work the same !?
Any help is welcome. Any libftdi working on Raspberry pi is welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Yoann