libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ftdi_eeprom and FT230X

From: Dave Bender <codehero@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:25:39 -0400
Here is the full config file

vendor_id=0x0403 # Vendor ID
product_id=0x6015 # Product ID

max_power=0 # Max. power consumption: value * 2 mA. Use 0 if self_powered = true.

###########
# Strings #
###########
manufacturer="analog10" # Manufacturer
product="BOB-FT230X" # Product
serial="DA0049CV" # Serial

###########
# Options #
###########
self_powered=false # Turn this off for bus powered
remote_wakeup=false # Turn this on for remote wakeup feature
use_serial=true # Use the serial number string

# Normally out don't have to change one of these flags
in_is_isochronous=false # In Endpoint is Isochronous
out_is_isochronous=false # Out Endpoint is Isochronous
suspend_pull_downs=false # Enable suspend pull downs for lower power
change_usb_version=false # Change USB Version
usb_version=0x0200 # Only used when change_usb_version is enabled
cbus0="BITBANG_WR"
cbus1="IO_MODE"
cbus2="IO_MODE"
cbus3="IO_MODE"

########
# Misc #
########

filename="eeprom.new" # Filename, leave empty to skip file writing

I did change ftdi_eeprom to show debug output:

 ftdi_eeprom_decode(ftdi, 1 /* debug: 1 */);

And here is the full output (when reading back with `ftdi_eeprom --read-eeprom BOB-FT230X.conf` ):

FTDI eeprom generator v0.17
(c) Intra2net AG and the libftdi developers <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
FTDI read eeprom: 0
EEPROM size: 256
VID:     0x0403
PID:     0x6015
Release: 0x1000
Bus Powered:   0 mA
Manufacturer: analog10
Product:      BOB-FT230X
Serial:       DA0049CV
Checksum      : 5a24
PNP: 1
Channel A has Mode UART
FT1284 Mode Clock is idle LOW, MSB first, No Flow Control
Channel B has Mode UART
IOBUS has 8 mA drive
CBUS has 16 mA drive
CBUS0 Function: TRISTATE