libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT2232H shows up like FT4232H

From: Newell Jensen <newell.jensen@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:53:11 -0700
I just joined the mailing list and the email below has gone unanswered.  I am also faced with this problem but I get this issue intermittently.  That is, sometimes when I plug in the FT2232H mini module, it sometimes comes up as FT2232H and other times it comes up as FT4232H (he mentions FT4323H but mine comes up as FT4232H). When I run:

$ lsusb -v

and take a look at the output I see distinct differences when it comes up as FT2232H vs. FT4232H (obviously).  Has anyone else ran into this issue before?  I can easily reproduce this.  I mean I guess I could keep plugging and unplugging my mini module until it shows up as FT2232H but this seems like something buggy to begin with that I would like to wrap my head around.

Thanks.
Hello all,

I have problem with my FT2232H chip:
I want to use it to communicate via sync FIFO. As the data sheet
suggests you have to reprogram the eeprom, but when using the tool
from libftdi I found that the chip id is FT4323H. Maybe someone who
used the board beforehand overwrote the value.
I tried to change the eeprom by hacking the eeprom example of the
actual libftdi version (git clone), but I did not succeed.

Can anyone tell me, how to change the chip id in the eeprom without
breaking the device.

Thanks a lot,
Matthias Brugger

--