libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Asynchronous Read Hangs

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 15:52:53 +0800
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Jim Hendry <hendryjh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> If I do a run where there is only ever one outstanding ftdi_read_data_submit
>>> then everything is fine. Is there a libftdi limitation to only have one
>>> outstanding async read request?
>>
>> I believe this is the limitation of current libftdi1 implementation.
>> It can be improved.
>
> But I am not very good at the async API usage of libusbx myself.
> The async API and event handling of the libusb-1.0 API is not
> that easy to use.

Indeed I was wrong. It should be possible to have multiple
outstanding async read request.

Ref:
http://libusbx.1081486.n5.nabble.com/Libusbx-devel-libftdi-async-transfer-td855.html

As per the answer in libusbx mailing list, the issue may
be the fact that the default read buffer size is 4096. But
it is settable using ftdi_read_data_set_chunksize.

--
Xiaofan