libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Asynchronous Read Hangs

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 09:22:03 +0800
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Jim Hendry <hendryjh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If I do a run where there is only ever one outstanding ftdi_read_data_submit
>> then everything is fine. Is there a libftdi limitation to only have one
>> outstanding async read request?
>
> I believe this is the limitation of current libftdi1 implementation.
> It can be improved.

But I am not very good at the async API usage of libusbx myself.
The async API and event handling of the libusb-1.0 API is not
that easy to use and we plan to overhaul the API in libusbx 2.3
which unfortunately will not be materialized any time soon.

libusbx Roadmap: https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/issues/milestones

You may also want to subscribe to libusbx mailing list and
ask the question there to seek more help.

Xiaofan