libftdi Archives

Subject: libftdi1-1.0 and MSVC

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:22:44 +0800
Just wondering if anyone has done something to get libftdi1-1.0
built under MSVC (2008/2010/2012)? I think some fixes are
needed.

Last time I tried it there were issues with CMake,
Now I think the CMake issues are resolved. But there
are still issues with  <sys/time.h> and gettimeofday.
Ref: http://developer.intra2net.com/mailarchive/html/libftdi/2011/msg00478.html

And I am wondering if there is a desire to make libftdi
compatible with MSVC or not. The examples are
also not really compatible with MSVC last time I tried.
If yes, I think it is worth some time to get the codes fixed.
After all, MSVC is still the most popular compiler for
Windows.

On the other hand, it is still possible to use libftdi1-1.0
with MSVC using the dll even if the codes are not
compatible with MSVC. Not so sure if it is possible
to use the Boost binding dll under MSVC though.

--
Xiaofan