libftdi Archives

Subject: libftdi install on win 7 64-bit?

From: Hjalmar Turesson <hturesson@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:25:20 -0500
In which folder should I put the libftdi.dll for it to be available to, for example, pylibftdi?
The os is windows 7, 64-bit.

* I have installed libusb and it works.
* From the windows command prompt (cmd), I ran some of the test programs in /libftdi_0.19_devkit_MinGW64_20August2011/bin/bin64/
and it seems to work.
* I tried to copy the libftdi.dll from the bin64/ directory to C:/Windows/System32/
but I get the following error:
The module "libftdi.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that "libftdi.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

How should I do to make libftdi accessible system wide?

PS. I put libftdi on the Python PATH and this works. But, since I'm new to windows, I don't know if this is the general way to "install" DLLs.

Thanks,
Hjalmar