libftdi Archives

Subject: First byte of LT245R eeprom

From: Karl Cunningham <karlc@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:24:24 -0800
I am starting to use libftdi1 v1.0 in Ubuntu 12.04.

First, thanks to all who made this possible.

We have been using an FT245R for several years, programming them with libftdi v0.16 with an older Ubuntu system. After programming one with libftdi1 v1.0, we can't communicate with it.

I traced the problem to a difference in what is programmed into the first byte of the eeprom. v1.0 is programming that byte as 0x00. Version 0.16 originally did that too, but I had modified it to program with 0x09 to match what MProg was doing. This made the chip work for us.

Are these bits are associated with enabling VCP? We don't use VCP, so that might account for the difference. I can't see how to program this byte to 0x09 in libftdi1 v1.0, short of modifying ftdi.c. Is there a way already there?

Thanks for any help with this.

Karl