libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] libftdi 1.0 third release candidate

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 22:44:12 +0800
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The examples build used to be okay though, not so
> sure it is because of the change in MinGW or because of the
> change in ftdi.h and examples (now no libusb-1.0.h include
> which might take care of the Win32 situation).
> Ref:
> http://developer.intra2net.com/mailarchive/html/libftdi/2012/msg00099.html

Indeed I found the patch which breaks the examples build.
rc1 actually builds fine. The following patch breaks the
examples build.
http://developer.intra2net.com/git/?p=libftdi;a=commit;h=fec556672a91df346f79ab3727b556ace25dff0d

On the other hand, that patch is correct. I should say my
original Windows patch is not that correct as Sleep() depends
on <windows.h> but including <windows.h> is too problematic
for the examples.

I think my last patch should be a better one: to use usleep()
instead of sleep().

--
Xiaofan