libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: How to build libftdi git under Linux

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:32:39 +0800
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Thomas Jarosch
<thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Here is a short tutorial on how to build libftdi git under
>> Ubuntu 12.10, But it is similar on other Linux distros.
>
> I've added that as "README.build" and also mentioned
> it in the "README" file.

Thanks, this is good.

> I just corrected a small spelling error and removed
> the direct editing of CMakeCache.txt. That's rather
> hackish and not something you want to throw at newbies :)

I agree. The only default option CMake uses which I
do not like is that it defaults to the debug build. Do
you think it is better to use the release build?

cmake  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/usr" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../

As a matter of fact, usually I have no issues with the
/usr/local default prefix under Linux but only the build type.

Under Windows and MinGW/MSys, I usually like to use
the /mingw prefix. Under Mac OS X, since I use Homebrew,
I need to use another prefix to be more suitable under
Homebrew.

--
Xiaofan