libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Clear the ft2232h output fifo

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:07:28 +0800
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Uwe Bonnes
<bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How is the libusb situation in windows now? Did the libusbc split help?
> Have you tried any recent Libusb-win32 version?

I could be a bit biased since I am the "non-developer" admin
of libusb-win32, libusbK and libusbx, which means I am one
of the admins but I do not really write codes for them (I cannot
code basically), I mainly help on the testing and support side.

libusb-win32 is quite mature now with no new feature planned.
If you like it, keep on using it.

libusbk is the next-gen Windows only generic USB library.
It has not come out of beta yet. libusbk.sys offer
some new capability compared to libusb0.sys and
winusb.sys. libusbk.dll provides some advance
API and supports libusb0.sys, libusbk.sys and
winusb.sys.
http://libusbk.sourceforge.net/UsbK3/index.html

libusbx fork is now very successful, replacing libusb as the
default provider of libusb-1.0 for major Linux distros. libusbx
is also where the main development of libusb Windows
happens.

libusbx-1.0.13 and later supports libusb0.sys, libusbk.sys
(based on libusbk.dll) along with the existing support of
winusb.sys.
https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/blob/master/ChangeLog
http://libusbx.org/

--