libftdi Archives

Subject: Clear the ft2232h output fifo

From: Thomas Heller <theller@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:07:06 +0200
I'm using the ft2232h in sync fifo mode to do some kind of 'streaming'
data to an fpga.  Writing in one thread, reading in another.

In some circumstances, I would like to interrupt this data
flow as quickly as possible and send some out-of-band data to the
fpga.  Unfortunately, the data that is still in the ft2232h output
fifo must be written to the fpga before this out-of-band data is seen
by the fpga.

So, the question is:  Is it possible to clear the ft2232h output fifo?

Another question:  According to the data sheet the output fifo has
a depth of 4kBytes.  In my experiments, it only buffers 1kB - is this
a configuration issue, is the datasheet wrong, or am I missing
something?

Thanks, Thomer