libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Installing filter-driver using filter-driver.exe

From: Devon Lind <devon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 08:23:46 -0700
> Please tell us a bit more about your device. So your device use
> the FTDI hardware and you use the libusb-win32 filter driver on
> top of the FTDI driver so that you can use libftdi (programming)
> and yet keep the serial port (FTDI driver function), right?

Yes, exactly.

> So I assume your device has a MCU inside and the MCU
> has a bootloader inside. Could you just let the MCU reset itself
> after the programming so that you do not need to use usb_reset
> to reset the USB interface?
>
> How does your bootloader work?

Yes it has a MCU, but there is not a bootloader unfortunately.  We
could have the MCU reset itself, but that wouldn't do us any good in
our case.

I need a way to "read out" from the chip exactly what was just
"programmed into" it and it seems like the only way to do that is to
use usb_reset().

--

Devon Lind
Crystalfontz America, Inc.