libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Installing filter-driver using filter-driver.exe

From: Devon Lind <devon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:45:21 -0700
> I think this is a libusb-win32 problem and not a libftdi problem.
>
> You may want to subscribe to libusb-win32 mailing list and
> ask there.
>
> I am the other admin of libusb-win32 but I am more on the
> testing side and support side.  I do not have a good answer for
> you right now. For more difficult questions like this,
> Travis (libusb-win32 main developer) may be able to give you
> some suggestions.
>
> libusb-win32 mailing list:

Okay I will try that. Thanks!

One more question though...
I figured out why it keeps changing comports, and that is because
after the module gets programmed I am calling the usb_reset()
function.  So that resets the module and that is what takes the device
manager so much time to recognize it and change comports.  The reason
I am resetting it though is because I need a way to recognize that the
module has been programmed, and I don't know how to do that other than
resetting the device and checking for the name of the new device in
the device manager.

So my question; Is there a better way to search for module to check if
they have been programmed using libftdi, rather than resetting the
device and looking for the module that way?

I will ask the same thing on the other mailing list as well.

--

Devon Lind
Crystalfontz America, Inc.