libftdi Archives

Subject: Compiling libftdi with MSVC on Windows

From: Thomas Heller <theller@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:57:43 +0200
Actually it is really easy to compile libftdi on Windows, with MSVC (currently I'm only interested in the dll itself, not the other stuff).

Inside a MSVC command prompt, I have built libftdi.dll with this command line:

cl /Ox /LD -I ..\..\libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\include ftdi.c /Felibftdi.dll ..\..\libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\lib\msvc\libusb.lib

I had to specify the path of the libusb import library and the directory of the libusb include file.
Unfortunately the libusb include file must be renamed or copied
from lusb0_usb.h to usb.h.

This library does not define any exported functions, I have made a patch that fixes this which is appended.

Would a patch like this (it is against the libftdi-0.x branch of the git repository) be accepted?

Thomas

PS: Building with CMAKE also works on windows, although again I only
tested building the DLL itself, neither examples, docs, or whatever.