libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT2232H both channels async fifo

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 19:45:49 +0100

    GMF> Hi all!  This is my first message in this mlist!

    GMF> I'm starting to work with the FTDI2230H mini module, but I have
    GMF> some trouble to use both the channels in Async FIFO mode.

    GMF> I'm using an altera FPGA based board so with Signal Tap I can see
    GMF> the ftdi status of signal inside my design and i see that both rxf
    GMF> signals are at logic level '1' (as expected) but only the txe_A is
    GMF> '0', txB is '1'.  If I start to send data from pc to channel A I
    GMF> can see rxf_A toggling but if I use the same code (opening the
    GMF> channel B) to wirte on the channel B I see rxf_B always '1'.
    GMF> Channel A and channel B have the same configuration.

I never used async fifo on _both_ channels.
Carefully recheck with the datasheet and the application notes. If you
remain sure that you are right and the chip is wrong, approach FTDI.

Please, not HTML in mail. I make the archive harder to search.

And a full name is also appreciated...

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx