libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Programming an FT245RL

From: Karl Cunningham <karlc@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 08:02:26 -0700
On 10/27/2011 01:58 AM, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
"Karl" == Karl Cunningham<karlc@xxxxxxxxxx>  writes:

     Karl>  Compiled and installed lubftdi-1.0 from
     Karl>  git://developer.intra2net.com/libftdi

git remote -v
origin  git://developer.intra2net.com/libftdi (fetch)
origin  git://developer.intra2net.com/libftdi (push)

git branch -r
   origin/HEAD ->  origin/master
   origin/autoconf-removal
   origin/eeprom-new
   origin/get-library-version
   origin/libftdi-0.x
   origin/master
   origin/new-baudrate-code

git checkout origin/eeprom-new -b eeprom-new

     Karl>  Any ideas?

Most work has been done on the ftdi-1.0 branch. Probably Thomas is waiting
on feedback before merging the ftdi_eeprom branch

While ./ftdi_eeprom/ftdi_eeprom is run time configurable, examples/eeprom is
only
compile time configurable, beside an eventual serial number, but may be
worth a look too. I have appended the tool based on examples/eeprom ( or
probably vice-versa) that I use to configure local devices. You can easily
add your device. Probably your device has a misconfigured EEPROM now. The
first thing to do is to erase the eeprom. This will not erase the serial
number.

Thanks for the suggestions.

In our working system we modified ftdi_eeprom to include detection of a device with VID:PID of 0000:0000 (we had one of those once), and to detect devices with any of our assigned PIDs (so we could program any device with the desired PID).

I'll also try examples/eeprom.

Thanks.

Karl