libftdi Archives

Subject: C library wrapper around libftdi

From: pbhat <prashanth.bhat@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I'm looking for a C wrapper library around libftdi, for I2C protocol. Does
anyone know of such a library?

I would like to make function calls like

read_data(unsigned int slave_addr, char *buf, int buf_size, int
*bytes_read);
write_data(unsigned int slave_addr, char *buf, int buf_size);

without having to handle the lower level aspects of I2C communication, such
as Start/Stop sequences, setting mode bits, etc.

My slave device is a I2C compatible chip, which has a bunch of readable and
writable registers.

I know there is such a library around libftd2xx.so, namely libMPSSE.so.
However, it is only 32-bit compatible. I would like to run this in a 64-bit
Linux environment.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.