libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ftdi_set_bitmode question

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:28:44 +0200

    Joachim> Hi, I have a question about the usage of the ftdi_set_bitmode
    Joachim> function.  I am using a development board from FTDI called
    Joachim> MorphIC-II to evaluate the usage of the FT2232HQ chip. This
    Joachim> I am trying to use BITBANG mode to port B to set the DEV_RST
    Joachim> line to 0, while leaving the other pins alone (by setting them
    Joachim> as inputs). I have been able to do this with the libftd2xx

What are you trying to achieve? What other function should the FT2232H do,
either seqential or simultanious? Why can't you use MPSSE to set the PINs?

Otherwise, are there appropriate pull-up/downs to keep the input lines from
floating? But as it works with ftd2xx, there should be.

In the next weeks I don't have time to investigate further...

Bye

--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx