libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: bitbang on FT232R / FT245R

From: "Spindler, Tyler L" <TLSpindler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 16:15:55 +0000

There’s a known bug with the 232R chip (maybe the 245R chip to) that the data buffer doesn’t always clock out data in the buffer at the proper rate. It’ll miss a tick here and here and it is seemingly random. I recommend using the H version of the chips. Here’s the thread about it.

http://libftdi.141977.n3.nabble.com/Bit-Bang-mode-hardware-bug-for-FT232-and-FT2232-chips-td889096.html