libftdi Archives

Subject: Libftdi for android

From: Tim Schneider <schneid5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:20:23 +0100
Hey everyone,

I cross compiled libftdi for usage on android phones and thought maybe other
people would be interested in this too. I attached a zip file containing all
Android.mk files needed to compile the library using the Android NDK. Just
extract the sourcefiles of libftdi and libusb in the corresponding folders
inside the external folder.

It defaults to building only the libftdi version 0.18, if you want version 1.0
you need to open the main Android.mk, comment out "include $(lib018)" and
comment in "include $(lib1)"
afterwards a "ndk-build" should suffice to build the shared libraries.
As of now you can't build both versions at the same time, because I named them
exactly the same to be able to interchange them easily. This also means you
only need the sources of the one version you want to build.

Hope this helps someone.

- Tim