libftdi Archives

Subject: Trouble with libftdi on ARM

From: Tyler Cordrey <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:42:49 -0500
Hello,

I'm trying to use libftdi as a replacement for ftdi_sio on an ARM9 with linux. I'm using an older kernel that is provided with the board, it's 2.6.21. I've got two FT4232H chips plugged into it, and I can comm. fine through them using the ftdi_sio module modified for this kernel version.

With libftdi, all of the functions return normally but nothing is read or written on the ports. All of the initialization functions return zero and write returns the number of bytes requested to be written. I've made sure that ftdi_sio is not loaded, and I've even tried using usb_detach_kernel_driver_np to make sure the module is not interfering. The strange thing is that it behaves the same when the module is loaded - no errors, same behavior.

Here is the code I am using to test: http://pastebin.com/FPz522k8. On my 386 box it works fine, and fails if the ftdi_sio module is loaded.

I've got libusb version 0.1.10a and libftdi version 0.18. Is there anything about this configuration that might cause problems?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Tyler