libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: usb bulk write fails

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:49:40 +0100
Hello Newell,

On 11/08/2010 04:27 AM, Newell Jensen wrote:
> -110
>
> So that is one issue I run into.  That is, where the disabling of the 5X
> works but the other clock divisor setting doesn't.  Something interesting is
> if I do the above without disabling the 5X, then it works.  Any ideas on this?

Hmm. No idea right now. Could you come up
with a small C example code to demonstrate the issue?

> 2. The second issue I run into is setting the loopback after setting the
> clock divisor above (so I am not disabling the 5X so that I proceed on in my
> script to the loopback setting).  When I go to disable or enable the loopback
> I get usb bulk write fail from the command below:

> Any help would be greatly appreciated as at this point I am just scratching
> my head.

Never used that either. Though I'm not sure
if the ftdi.ftdi_write_data is the correct function
when using the python wrapper: ftdi_write_data() calls
usb_bulk_write(). Configuration changes inside
libftdi are normally communicated via usb_control_msg()
and also feature different "requests". Not sure
how you emulated that via the python wrapper??