libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: EEPROM handling work

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:52:25 +0200
On Thursday, 16. September 2010 11:38:34 Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>     Thomas> Wow! Congratulations on that one. According to the commit
>     Thomas> dates, this only took you like seven days to decode...
>
> I played longer with mprog/ftd2xx examples running under Wine and
> forwarding Windows ftd2xx calls to Linux ftd2xx calls.

Guessed so ;)

> I can tar-gz my git tree and send you. Would that be enough that you can
> "git pull" from the unpacked tree on your PC to keep the history?

The "git format-patch" tarball you already sent almost worked,
it failed add the "Correct cast" patch.

It should work like this:
- Run git format-patch to output the corresponding patches against "master".
- Use as fresh checkout from the master branch
  and do a "git am /path/to/patches/*.patch".
  It should apply cleanly.
- Create a tarball of those patches and send them to me.
  I'll then pump them into a "eeprom-new" branch.

> If people give feedback on branches, I am fine with a branch.

Well, I don't want to keep the branch around for a long time. Just want
to make sure we don't break other people's code until we are finished.