libftdi Archives

Subject: I've managed to make the LEDs on BDBUS6 and 7 blink.

From: John Oyler <john.oyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 19:40:27 -0500
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <stdint.h>
> #include <string.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <ctype.h>
> #include <ftdi.h>
>
> #define FTDI_VID                0x0403
> #define FTDI_PID                0x6010
>
> #define BITMODE_BITBANG_NORMAL  1
> #define BITMODE_BITBANG_SPI     2
>
> static struct ftdi_context ftdic_context;
>
> int main(void) {
>         int ret;
>         unsigned int i;
>         unsigned char c = 0;
>
>         ftdi_usb_open(&ftdic_context, FTDI_VID, FTDI_PID);
>         ftdi_set_interface(&ftdic_context, INTERFACE_B);
>         ftdi_set_bitmode(&ftdic_context, 0xc0, BITMODE_BITBANG_NORMAL);
>
>         // Trying to blink some lights.
>         printf("\nNow let's try to blinkenlights...\n");
>         for (i = 0; i < 20; i++) {
>                 c ^= 0xc0;
>                 ftdi_write_data(&ftdic_context, &c, 1);
>                 sleep(1);
>         }
>
>         return EXIT_SUCCESS;
> }

This blinks both simultaneously. Blinking either separately is easy enough...
but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get this working with my SPI code on
interface A. I can't ftdi_usb_open() two ftdi_context objects... though having
one for each seems to be the right direction to go.

After I run my spi_init() function, I need to copy the context object, but it's
not obvious what of its guts need to be copied. Do I just copy the whole thing
and run set_interface on it?

Thanks,
John O.