libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Can someone give me a good explanation of ftdi_set_bitmode()?

From: John Oyler <john.oyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:44:23 -0500

On Aug 28, 2010, at 6:02 PM, Michael Plante wrote:

John Oyler wrote:
The example code I've been using merely sets this to 0x00.

Setting it to 0 works fine for me.  I run SPI (with no chip-select), along
with ADBUS6-7, on port A.

The first is the ftdi context object (I can't tell you what
this is, it's voodoo, but I doubt I need to know specifics of this).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that you probably need
two of these to control both A and B simultaneously.  I'm not sure if that's
what you're getting at here.

This doesn't look like it's going to work... if the init function that sets it up needs to do a ftdi_usb_open(), then you can't do it a second time on a second context object. Nor is it obvious what parts of the internal structure could be copied.

Not that it matters at this point, I can't figure out how in the hell to light up BDBUS6 anyway.

John O.