libftdi Archives

Subject: FT232R and odd lag problem

From: Brian Lilly <brian.listlibftdi@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:18:40 -0700
Forgive any lack of list etiquette.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, and libftdi 0.18.

I have a Crystalfontz CFA635 USB LCD, and the odd thing is, I can open /dev/ttyUSB0 and send packets over, and get the responses back from the LCD, but packets that originate from the microcontroller on board the LCD, just after resetting the USB bus, take something like 4-5 seconds before they start to be recognized by the host.

I've pored over all the documentation I can find on the serial struct, the low latency stuffs, but nothing seems to make a difference for the first packets to originate at the LCD.

For help with this issue, I would gladly send one of the LCD modules if it was needed to solve the problem -- as it is right now I'm just stumped.

Thanks,
Brian