libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Understanding the jtag/mpsse example

From: Vaughan Moss <vaughan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:37:13 +0200
Hi Manu,
I am attempting to do some implementation using ctypes, I was
wondering how you declared ftdi_context in your code?
I have attempted the following:

from ctypes import *
ftdi = CDLL("libftdi.so")
ftdi_context = create_string_buffer(84) #worked out 84 by getting the
size of the array in c

the only problem is now when trying to get the ftdi chip id as follows:

#read chip id
if ftdi_context.type == ftdi.TYPE_2232H:
I get the error: 'c_char_Array_84' object has no attribute 'type'

This makes sense I think, but declaring ftdi_context as a struct in
ctypes seems difficult.
Any ideas?

Regards
Vaughan Moss