libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Issues with libdc1394 and libftdi on Ubuntu 10.04

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:13:48 +0800
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Ilya Ganelin <ilganeli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I have noticed when running 'ldd' to determine library dependencies for
>  the libraries that in Ubuntu 10.04, libdc1394 includes the library
> libusb1.0, however, in 9.1,  it does not include any version of libusb.

Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04 both have libusb-1.0 along with the legacy
libusb-0.1.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libusb-1.0-0-udeb

I believe libdc1394 uses libusb-1.0.

>  Libftdi uses libusb0.1. I have read on the website for libusb1.0 that
>  there should not be any compatibility issues with libusb1.0 and libusb0.1

That is true.

> but since the error is
>  in the register_platform()  function which is being called from usb_init, I
> am skeptical of this  claim.

I am not so sure what your problem is. But the claim is correct.
libusb-1.0 and libusb-0.1 can co-exisit without any issue. Your
issue lies somewhere else.

Did you use libusb-0.1-compat? I hear that it has some issues
with libftdi.

--
Xiaofan http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/