libftdi Archives

Subject: Help with unsupported ioctl's.

From: VDR User <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:35:14 -0700
Hi.  I've built a USB ir receiver based on Albert Huitsing's instructions at:
http://www.huitsing.nl/irftdi/

I'm using an FTDI MM232R board with a TSOP1738 ir receiver along with
an RC5 remote control that came with a Twinhan DVB-S card.  When I use
lirc to record a keymap, I get:

Found const length: 93384
RC-5 remote control found.
No header found.
No lead pulse found.
No repeat header found.
Unknown encoding found.
Creating config file in raw mode.

I create the lircd.conf and then see the following in the logs once I
load lircd:

Jul  2 10:28:24 ion lircd: lircd(ftdi) ready, using /var/run/lirc/lircd
Jul  2 10:28:35 ion lircd: accepted new client on /var/run/lirc/lircd
Jul  2 10:28:35 ion lircd: Initializing FTDI:
Jul  2 10:28:35 ion lircd: unsupported ioctl - 26913
Jul  2 10:28:35 ion lircd: unsupported ioctl - 26914

I was told this is most likely a problem with libftdi so that's why
I'm posting here.

Are these unsupported ioctl's a problem?  It seems that irrecord works
ok, but once I load lircd and test keypressed with irw, nearly none of
them work and the ones that do require several keypresses.

I'm not sure what other info is needed but my system specs are:
Zotac IONITX-C-U Nvidia ION system
Debian testing linux
libftdi & libftdi-dev 0.17-1+b1

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Derek