libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Compiling libftdi-1.0 within MinGW under Windows

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 20:00:16 +0800
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Viswanathan Sankararam
<nslu2vishu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I see that you can compile libftdi-1.0 under a linux with cross mingw
> environment. Is it possible to compile for windows using mingw under windows
> itself within msys shell? I tried this within command prompt under WinXP 32
> bit using command line "cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles"
> -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=..\Toolchain-Crossbuild32.cmake .."

I have not succeeded in building libftdi-1.0 under Windows myself.

Cross-building under Linux is much easier.

I just uploaded the binary package for the latest git here.
It does not have the Python and Boost bindings. It has
the include file, the dll, the library, the html docs and the examples.

http://code.google.com/p/picusb/downloads/list
http://picusb.googlecode.com/files/libftdi1_04July2010.zip

You will need to download the libusb-1.0 Windows snapshot
here as well.
http://www.libusb.org/wiki/windows_backend
For example:
http://libusb-winusb-wip.googlecode.com/files/libusb_2010.06.14.7z